Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January Projects Update

My January project for my Year of Knitting Adventures has not gotten nearly as much attention as I would have liked to give it.  At this rate I will not have it done by the end of the year but I will definitely try to work on it more each month.  I will be picking smaller projects for the rest of the year so that I will have time to work on it more.


 I finished this pair of purple stripe boot socks on Monday night.  They are knit out of OnLinie Supersocke 6-fach on US size 3 (3.25mm) needles.


I finished this scarf at the beginning of the month.  The pattern is the Corrugated Baktus, which is a free pattern on Ravelry.  The pattern was written for a fingering weight yarn but I knit it out of Malabrigo Twist, which is a worsted weight yarn and I used US size 10 (6.00 mm) and I love how soft and squishy it turned out.


I knit this neck warmer for my sister who requested a cowl that would cover her nose and ears, so I whipped this out in one evening.  I made it out of Lion Brand Heartland held double on US size 11 (8.00 mm) 16 inch circular needles.  I cast on 52 stitches and worked a 2x2 rib for 10 inches and then bound off.  It was super easy and fast, I think it only took about 2 hours to finish.  This will be really nice for the sub-zero temps that she is experiencing up at Michigan Tech.


I finished these socks last week and they were my first pair of after though heel socks and I used the pattern AfterThought Heel Socks by Laura Linneman out of Peppermint Overload by Turtle Made on Etsy and then I used Brown Sheep Wildfoote in Vanilla for the heels and toes.  I used US size 2 (2.75mm) needles although I have realized that my knitting has loosened up and I will have do go down a size down for my socks from now on unless I am knitting with a heavier weight sock yarn but I love how the after thought heel fits my foot.


I just started the Turntable by Hilary Smith Callis out of Shubui Sock in Mulberry and Velvet on US size 6 (4.00mm) needles and I am really excited for this.  I have not gotten very far yet but I am loving working on it and can't wait to be able to wear it.


No comments: