Saturday, April 24, 2021

Review of What Big Teeth by Rose Szabo


 

 

 This book is about Eleanor, who has spent many years away at boarding school, and bloodthirsty family. She must figure out how to fit back into her family and control the darkness within her in order to save her family from distruction.

I found the premise of this book to be very interesting and something I haven't really read before and I was very excited to read this, however I had a hard time actually getting through the book once I got about 40% of the way through. The story, while good, just moved a bit too slow and made it feel as though it was dragging. I did find that the last 50 or so pages were really good. I think that for what the premise of this story is, there just was not enough action throughout the book. The last chapter and epilogue did make it so that I was glad that I did stick with the book and finish it but I would have liked it to have moved at a bit of a quicker pace.

No comments: